Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm a machine

I haven't worked less than 12 hours in at least a week. While this is not an unusual amount of hours in the foodservice industry, it is a large amount for me. But I find that spending more time at work just makes me that much better. I'm not distracted as often, my pace of work is steadier, and I'm better able to see the big picture. This is a good thing because we're busier than last year at this time, and we have less staff. So everybody is getting overtime hours. It's pretty easy for me to go to work at 10am and be there till midnight. Hurray for big paycheques :D

They've got me started in the Banquets area. And while thats where I first started out in the kitchen, it is still taking me some time to get back into that banquet mindset. Another week or two and I should be good though.

Been spending a lot of time with one of the new employees, Ryan. He's the Corporate Management trainee, cool guy, knows what he's doing. Incredibly overpaid, but meh. He just got a better deal than us. Once he finishes his 13 months here, he's supposed to be set up to take a sous chef's position at another Hyatt. Meanwhile I've got 18 months, and a recommendation at another hotel. At a lower rate of pay...awesome. The only real differences between us is he's a little older, and his culinary program was a year longer than ours.

Yeah, in reference to my last post. Didn't get any sleep that night, worked 15 and a half hours the next day. It was great great fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nikkaru said...

well atleast you aren't bored,
but be careful you dont overexert yourself

11:59 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

That's cool, might as well stay busy. Nothing else to do there. So where's Ryan from?

2:22 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Happy Birthday Josh, wish you were here.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home