Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas without family is like Chocolate without Taste

This is the first time I've worked on Christmas. Although I doubt it will be the last. One of the disadvantages of this career is when everyone else is celebrating, we're the busiest. All the first 3 weeks of December, we'll be lucky to do 50 people during service. Then Christmas comes along and we get fubared. Over 150 covers. Who goes out for Christmas Breakfast!? You're supposed to be at home with your family opening presents. Not telling us your eggs are slightly underdone and you want your meal free. This is probably why lots of cooks are totally fed up with Christmas, for us it's the most stressful time of the year, on top of the shopping and stuff that normal deal with. Work is busier than ever, people are short tempered, and we don't get to spend any time with our families ourselves.

The reason I'm ranting is because I didn't get to spend Christmas with my family. I think I'm the first person to ever miss a Christmas in my family. That's hard. It used to be, when I was living at home and saw them every day, that I didn't think it would be that bad to have a christmas without them. OH MAN was I wrong. All I could think about for the last week is how it doesn't feel like christmas. It just feels like another week of the year.

I can't wait to go home. I hope it snows. Theres so much stuff I have to do. It seems like every time I think about it theres another 3 or 4 things I have to add to my list of stuff to do. 1 week isn't going to be enough. You're going to have to cuff me and drug me to get me back on that plane at the end of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger ErBear said...

i think perhaps that the realization that chrsitmas isn't really all that magical anymore..is a trifle thought. It makes me think that family maybe is important..and also that there is more to it then just getting stuff..and finding out how much people really don't know you by the stupid presents they give (thanks for the dvd josh) (i'm not talking about you...it was perfect) anyway..it's a jolly holiday all the less...new year is upon us..i liked your resolution btw...you better follow through with it..i'll be watching.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home